What are the signs of hearing loss?
If you notice some of the following signs of hearing loss, you should contact your family doctor or hearing care professional to have a hearing test:
- People seem to mumble.
- Ask people to speak louder or repeat what they said
- Turn up the volume of television or radio
- Trouble communicating in a small group of people
- Trouble hearing the doorbell or the telephone ringing
- Trouble hearing over the telephone
- Trouble following conversations in a noisy place (e.g., restaurants)
- Have ringing (tinnitus) in the ears